The block is located in Indus Basin in Rajasthan, various gas discoveries have been made in the Block till now. A high quality reserve of natural gas has been discovered in the sub-basin of Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
The discovery was made in excellent cretaceous reservoir sandstones at a depth of 3,100 meters. The well flowed 15 MMSCFD (Million Standard Cubic Feet Per Day) of almost pure methane gas through a 48/64 choke. The discovery of the gas has been confirmed through conventional open-hole drill stem test.
The RJ-ON/6 block is surrounded by acreages with significant world class oil and gas discoveries in the side of Pakistan. Multi TCF, 2P reserves has been discovered until now in Pakistan within 35-50km distance from the block.
Basin Area - 126,000 sq km
- Basin type – Pericratonic Rift Basin
- Proven Sedimentary Section
- 1. Age Range: Cambrian to recent
- 2. Thickness ~ 5000m
- Petroleum Geology
- 1. Expected Reservoir Rocks: Classic and carbonate reservoirs in Cambrian to Paleocene sequences.
- 2. Expected Source Rocks: Paleozoic limestone and shales in Permian, Jurassic and Cretaceous.
- 3. Expected Cap Rocks: Intra-formational shales and tight limestones
- Proven/Expected Play Type
- Structural Highs and fault closure
- Stratigraphic / Structural Traps